After Hours Care / Emergency Care
If you suspect your pet is suffering from an emergency, please do not hesitate to call us right away at (239) 270-5721. If you need an emergency vet clinic outside our regular business hours, please contact:
Fort Myers Area
Bonita Springs Area
Cape Coral Area
Signs Your Pet is Having an Emergency
Though it may not always be clear when you are experiencing a pet emergency that requires immediate attention, some signs are definite indicators. If your pet shows any of the following signs, please call us at (239) 270-5721 as soon as possible:
- Your pet is not breathing.
- You cannot feel your pet’s heartbeat.
- Your pet has been vomiting for 12 or more hours.
- Your pet has had diarrhea for 24 or more hours.
- Your pet’s abdomen is hard and swollen.
- Your pet has been seriously injured.
- Your pet is trying unsuccessfully to urinate.
If Your Pet Eats Something They Shouldn’t Have:
Many household substances, foods, and plants are toxic to pets. Foods that are good for humans, like grapes, macadamia nuts, and avocado, are poisonous to them. If your pet drinks, chews on, or eats something they shouldn’t have, call us or one of the following Poison control centers listed below. They have the most accurate information on the countless number of substances toxic to pets.